We can guide you through the entire process from the initial inception through the design and finally the build. This is the general course of events.
- Site visit
- Vertigo develops a specification and proposal
- Full design, to develop final drawings and final specification
Vertigo excels at taking your requirements and turning them into the adventure product you want. We will conduct a free site visit in the UK, where we would discuss your needs and assess what is suitable for the site. There are numerous points to consider including: site access; utilities; planning permission; target groups; themes; investment; security etc. The list goes on but with our knowledge of the industry we will guide you through these topics to find the best solution for you.
We then produce a bespoke proposal with full 3D drawings and documentation that is verified by an independent structural engineer. This documentation can be used for planning applications. The proposal contains details of lead times, areas where you could reduce your costs, itemised investment plan, payment schedule and T&C’s. This is a no obligation service that we are happy to provide.
If our proposal is successful we would start prefabricating as much of the build as possible from our workshop in the Cotswolds. This is to ensure we reduce our time on site and the disruption caused to the client during a construction project.
Prior to our arrival on site, full paperwork is provided including:
- Structural engineers sign off and calculations,
- Generic and site specific risk assessments,
- Company H&S policy,
- Method statements,
- Operators qualifications,
- Full Construction, Design and Management (CDM) folder produced.
- Design drawings
We are experienced builders and conduct the construction phase professionally and efficiently. All technicalities such as drop off points for materials, access for plant etc, would be outlined in the CDM prior to our arrival. Site security is established and work commences from our mobile workshop. A schedule of works, method statements and risk assessments are provided with the CDM. We have worked around and over operational venues on many occasions, we aim to provide the least disruption possible to our clients. Our main focus is safety, for ourselves, our clients and the public.
Upon completion the course is subject to a third party inspection by an independent body (either ERCA or ADIPS, see Safety section) where a certificate of conformity will be produced. Most courses will also require their instructors to be trained, this is provided by a third party independent ERCA recognised trainer. Certificates for the instructor qualifications are provided.
We produce a handover pack for the client that contains:
- Structural engineers calculations
- Certificate of construction
- Advisory risk assessments (you are legally obliged to produce your own)
- Advisory Standard Operating Procedures (you are legally obliged to produce your own)
- Copies of European Legislation
- Advisory Health and Safety Policy
- Material certificates (poles, cables, steel components)
- Inspection log
- Inspection manual
- Training certificates
- Operating restrictions
We see it as an ongoing relationship. We can advise you on:
- Potential expansions your site
- Provide inspections
- Conduct any maintenance work